Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Zucchini

I have discovered that I love zucchini! My past  experience with zucchini was a mushy side vegetable with very little flavor, and so I have never liked it before. I decided to try a recipe a few months ago that had zucchini in it (basically a thick beef stew made with hamburger meat and vegetables) I really liked it especially the zucchini. I noticed the vegetable had soaked up the flavor, and as small cubes did not get overly mushy. I then decided to try it in chicken noodle soup as a substitute for celery (I am allergic to celery) delicious again! I decided I had to plant some this year. Here is a photo of a blooming plant. These plants are reported to have large leaves and take up lots of room, I plan to experiment with trellising a few, and letting a few have the run of the bed and spill over the side of garden box if needed. I want to try making lasagna will long slices of zucchini replacing the noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment