Sunday, August 18, 2013

Refrigerator pickles recipe

4-6 good sized pickling cucumbers
4-6 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
2 tbsp dill weed
1 tbsp black pepper corns
3 cups water
6 tbsp distilled white vinegar with tarragon (you can use plain white)
3 tbsp of kosher salt
Pot 
Large glass or plastic bowl or canning jars
Large plate

1) In a pot boil together water, vinegar, and salt for about 5 minutes (all salt dissolved) and cool completely. 
2) Slice cucumbers as desired (I did some spears and a few slices). Put in bowl (do not use metal)
3) Pour cooled brine over the cukes, and cover with plate so that it pushes cucumbers under brine, and place in fridge for 3-7 days. (I saw one recipe that put the cucumbers in canning jars then poured brine over top and placed lids on them.I will be doing this next time to prevent spills in my fridge)
4) I placed my 3 day pickles in canning jars next time I will skip bowl and do this first.

No comments:

Post a Comment